My Last Full Day

My last full day in Minnesota was a good one. I did a lot of last minute stuff today (getting deoderant, face lotion, you know, all the fun stuff). Of course I had my "last meal" with my family. They had been badgering me about what I wanted to eat all day. In the end we went to this new-ish local place called Tonic. If you're in the Rochester area I definitely suggest it. While I was disappointed with the Asian BBQ chicken sandwich with kimchi, mostly I was just disappointed with the kimchi, I highly recommend Tonic for a cool place with fresh food!

It's crazy to think that in less than 24 hours I'm going to be on a plane to another country for a whole year! Over the past few days I've been asked a lot about how I feel about leaving and it really boils down to three things: excited, nervous, and scared. I''m excited because I'll never get an experience like this again and there is so much for me to gain from this next year. I'm nervous because I've never lived so far away with no family near by. The closest this experience comes to is when I did my summer research in Tennessee. Even then I had a cousin in the same state! And I'm scared because I see my family all the time, at least once a month, and now I'm going away and potentially not seeing any of them for 6 months, maybe a year!

I am going to try to post on this reguarly. Not only to keep all my friends and family in the U.S. in the loop on all my adventures, but also to help myself reflect on my work and experiences.

It's late and I should sleep if I'm going to accomplish anything before I leave tomorrow.

Seeing as how I'll have a lot of free time tomorrow in airports, I'll be writing about everything leading up to actually leaving. Stay tuned for how I got what I got.

Comments

Popular Posts