Festivals in Korea Pt. 2: Damyang Bamboo Festival


It's been a while since I posted, so the next 3 posts are going to cover everything that's happened in the last three weekends.

So, I left off on the weekend of October 3rd. The next weekend, October 10th, I went to Damyang with my host family for the Damyang Bamboo Festival. Yes, you read that correctly. A festival for bamboo.

The host fam and I headed to Damyang on Saturday morning!


We walked among the bamboo.
Took some family pictures!
We went to an art gallery in the bamboo festival!
There was this cool piece that started really traditional
and ended with all sorts of modern pieces in it.
More family pics!
That sphere.. Is actually a globe.
He's flawless. I'm derping.
Listening to instruments from around the world that are made with bamboo!
"Yes, these are Beats. Yes, they are expensive. No, you can't steal them."
The kids are tired.
On Sunday we went to a temple! This temple has like 1,800,000,000 (or something like that) Buddhas.
The ground is more interesting than being in a picture with me.
Host family!
Buddha laying down.
Can't take my host brother anywhere. Trouble maker!
My host brother is forced to take lots of photos with me.
My host brother likes to tell me that Buddha likes to play Frisbee.
We then went to this sweet restaurant where the food comes out set on giant slabs that slide over the table.
Dunno how to  describe this well.

Okay, this post wasn't a lot of text. That's my bad. It's hard to remember what happened three weeks ago! I promise my next post with have more text!

Up Next: Visiting Naju and Jeongeup and going to Fall Conference with my Fulbright 진구s!

On Deck: My birthday in Korea and On Feelings and Comfort Things Pt. 3

Comments

Popular Posts